Friends, the time has come. Thrones approaches…
If you read my other two blog posts on the final episodes of Season 5 (or if you were anywhere near a social network from last April until now), I’m sure you’re aware of the dramatic ending to last year’s Thrones conclusion.
I said it when it happened, I kept saying it throughout the ensuing evening, and I’ll say it again: JON SNOW LIVES. I, like many of you, was met with an onslaught of naysayers, wagging heads, and pessimists proclaiming “Well, I don’t know how he’s coming back from that.” Lo, by the grace of Mighty Martin himself, we may still have hope.
Unless he’s just being introduced to the game of Peek-A-Boo, I’d say there’s some healing going on in this frame (via a delightful children’s game). Verily I tell thee, Snow shall rise again!
So many things to think about. Here are a few of my reactions:
- This opening song is very Simon & Garfunkel….almost “The Sound of Silence.” I wonder if they’ll make a cameo appearance.
- HE’S NOT GONE.
- Welcome back, Pixie Cut-n-Stuff.
- Damn, Sansa. Damn, girl. You fly.
- No, seriously. This is the best she’s ever looked. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. And gives you fur coats.
- Am I the only one still having PTSD flashbacks whenever I see The Mountain? I recoil overtime he steps into the frame and cover my eyes. The duel between him and The Viper is one of the most haunting pieces of television I have ever seen.
- It is always so nice of HBO to schedule the GOT premiere during my birthday week.
- Frosty the Snowman is back!
- We’ve barely seen anything of Arya or Bran. Or Tyrian, for that matter.
- I definitely need to re-watch Season 5…or the whole series. Thrones season beckons!